RESERVATIONS, DEPOSITS & CANCELLATIONS
For reservations and information:
Please call (570) 223-0111
Write to us at:
415 Taylor Drive
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Email us at:
Click Here to make a reservation right now!
Reservations are suggested for peak periods. Deposit of $75.00 required for two night reservation. Deposit of $150.00 required for week stay, holiday and special event weekend stay and for two night rental vacation stay. Deposit of $300.00 required for 4 week stay, holiday rental vacation stay and for week rental vacation stay. Weekend reservations must be for two or more nights. Holiday weekend and special event weekends must be for three or more nights (Holiday Weekends include: Memorial Day, July 4th, PA 500 Nascar Race, Labor Day & Columbus Day). The deposit will hold the site until 10 pm on the scheduled arrival date unless the reservation is reconfirmed by phone. Your deposit is your promise that you will be here on the date you specify for the length of time that you specify, your reservation is our promise to save a campsite for the date and time you specify. A refund for cancelled reservations (or transfer of your deposit) will be given when notice is received 15 days prior to arrival date (25 days prior for rental vacation units, 4 week stay reservations and for reservations during holiday & special event weekends). There is a $8.00 fee for all campsite cancellations and a $20.00 fee for all rental vacation unit cancellations.
All sites and rental units are based on two people and one camping unit; separate families sharing a site with their own camping unit (including tents) will be charged the regular nightly fee.
Campers are responsible for the registration, behavior and payment of their guests. A visitor is a person that does not register for the entire length of stay. All day visitors must check out by 9:30 pm. All guests must be registered at the office before entering the campground, get a registration pass and pay the required fee. Day visitors are $6.00 per adult and $3.00 per child. Overnight visitors are $9.00 per adult and $5.00 per child. Holiday weekend visitors are $1.00 additional per day or night. Day visits are considered more than 45 minutes and leaving the property prior to 9:30 PM. All visitors are charged per day. Guest Car additional fee $2.50 per day.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
About the park recreation facilities:
- Sports equipment is available at the Trading Post . Available sports equipment includes: shuffleboard, horseshoes, basketball, tennis, ping pong,
badminton, volleyball, softball, lasso golf, quoits, washers and bocce equipment. A $5.00 deposit is required on equipment.
- You do not need a license to fish in the campground fishing pond. The pond is catch and release and stocked with Bass, Pickerel, Perch, Blue Gills and Sun Fish.
- Outdoor Swimming Pool hours are between the hours of 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM. All children under the age of fourteen must be accompanied by an adult when using the pool.
Rules & Regulations:
- Quiet time is between the hours of 10:30 PM and 8:00 AM. During these hours all children must be on campsite and in the company of their parents, guardians, or another responsible adult. After 11 PM all public areas of the campground are closed and cars may only be used to enter or leave the campground. Be considerate, all noise must be confined to the campsite. Excessive noise is not allowed at any time. Interfering with anyone else's use or enjoyment of the campground, day or night, is contrary to campground regulations.
- All motor vehicles must be registered, insured and driven by a licensed driver. Motorcycles, minibikes and mopeds are to be used only for entering or leaving the campground. Only one vehicle per site. Visitors or second vehicle must park in designated areas. Bicycles must be on campsite before dark. Speed limit is five miles per hour in the campground. Pennsylvania state law requires helmets for all children under age 12. Skateboards are not allowed at the campground; however skate parks are located within a short drive from the campground.
- Messages will be posted on the bulletin board at the office.
- No cutting, removal, destruction or injury to any tree or shrub, alive or dead, standing or fallen.
- No power tools or equipment including chain saws are permitted to be used in the campground. No firearms, B.B. guns or fireworks are permitted in the campground.
- The legal drinking age in Pennsylvania is 21, no one under the age of 21 is allowed to drink any type of alcoholic beverage with or without their parents' permission.
FAQs - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Planning your Mountain Vista Campground? Our Frequently Asked Questions page answers some questions about our Campground. If you have any other questions or comments, please call 570-223-0111 or contact us online.
- What is the Campground Season?
- What time is check-in and check-out?
- Does Mountain Vista offer any camping specials?
- What about Pets?
- Are there any restaurants nearby?
- Are there grocery stores nearby?
- How about nearby golf courses?
- How about Pocono Attractions?
- Do you allow more then 1 camping unit on a site?
- Do you offer group rates?
- Can I request a specific site?
- What type of payments do you accept at the campground?
- What about Wifi?
What is the Campgrounds Season?
What time is check-in and check-out?
- The campground is open from Mid April through the end of October; however reservations are taken year round.
Does Mountain Vista offer any camping specials?
- Check-in time is after 3 PM. Check-out time is 11:00 AM for rental vacation units and 1:00 PM for campsites. Early check-in and late check-out may be available depending upon availability for $4.00 per hour on our campsites (Sorry, we can not accommodate early check-in or late check-out for our rental vacation units)
What about Pets?
- Yes, several spring and fall camping specials that are detailed on our Camp Site Rates and Specials section of our website.
- Pets are people too! Mountain Vista Campground is pet friendly throughout the park except for our rental vacation units. In order to ensure the enjoyment of our guests the following guidelines have been established with the most sincere intentions to provide for the safety, well-being, and enjoyment of all of our guests and their pets.
- All pet eliminations/dog droppings shall be bagged and disposed of immediately and are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. (Dogipot bags are provided throughout the park at various locations for your convenience)
- Pets should not be left unattended, particularly if their barking will disturb other campers.
- When outside your unit, pets are to be on a short leash at all times, unless tied on a strong durable chain or rope that will not allow your pet to extend off the site/lawn in any direction.
- All owners should carry with them proper papers indicating vaccinations to be presented to our staff upon request.
- Pets are not permitted in the pool area or in any of our rental vacation units. Guests staying in our Rental Vacation Units are not permitted to bring Pets to the Campground or have Day Visitors bring Pets to the Campground.
Are there any restaurants nearby?
Are there grocery stores nearby?
- There are many restaurants within a short drive from the campground featuring a variety of foods. There are a few places that deliver and most have takeout available. The campground Trading Post has local menus for you to look at.
How about nearby golf courses?
- There are several grocery stores within a few miles of the campground. Within 3 miles there are two grocery stores that are open from 6:00 AM until midnight.
How about Pocono Attractions?
- There are 36 golf courses in the Pocono Mountains. Within 5 miles of the campground there are 6 golf courses.
Do you allow more then 1 camping unit on a site?
- Please check out our area information section of the website to see some of the many nearby attractions and their distance from the campground. Discount tickets are available to many Pocono Attractions.
Do you offer group rates?
- We permit one family and one camping unit per site. An additional tent for the registered camper's immediate family only will be limited to one per site. Immediate family is defined as unmarried children under 18 living with parents. An additional tent may be used only with prior approval from the office. In fairness to all of our guests, we limit the number of people on each site to a maximum of 4 adults.
Can I request a specific site?
- Camping clubs are welcome. One of the two campground pavilions are available at certain times for club activities please check when making your reservation. Click here for more information about club discounts.
What type of payments are accepted at the campground?
Specific campsites may be requested and we will try our best to accommodate, but due to unforeseen circumstances, we cannot positively guarantee specific sites. We suggest that if this is your first visit to Mountain you request locations related to amenity preferences and allow our reservationists to provide you with a campsite for a comfortable and relaxing vacation. To view a camp site map
Cash, Check, Travelers Checks or Money Orders are accepted for deposit and at check in.
What about Wifi?
- Camp Fires are allowed. All Campsites and Rental sites have a fire ring, and firewood may be purchased at the Trading Post. The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture has issued a notice prohibiting movement of all species of firewood into the State from outside of Pennsylvania due to the Asian Longhorned Beetle.
- Surf the internet from any where in the campground – including inside your trailer or tent. High-Speed Wireless Internet is available throughout the campground. Loaner wifi cards are available at the Trading Post (deposit required) if you do not have a wireless card installed in your computer.
Thank you and enjoy your stay!